Coleman Superfusion Bath System
Suitable for a variety of applications involving the study of contraction and relaxation of smooth muscle preparations, the effect of drugs that interfere with these actions, as well as those that interfere with autonomic neurotransmission.
To ensure that your system is properly configured as a complete setup that meets your experimental needs, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 800-597-0580. In Europe, please call +49 7665 92000 or email email@example.com
The Coleman Superfusion Tissue Bath System is suitable for applications involving the study of contraction and relaxation of smooth muscle preparations, the effect of drugs that interfere with these actions, and those that interfere with autonomic neurotransmission.
Features & Benefits
- Suitable for virtually any tissue sample
- Compact, allows the study of up to four tissue preparations in parallel
- Rapid removal of potentially toxic metabolites
- Obviates the necessity of repeated washing procedures
- Simple reclamation of perfusate for recirculation or collection
- Evaluation of the potency of labile substances
- Determining the rates of onset and offset of drug action
- Evaluation of spasmogenic and spasmolitic agents
Flow through mode: Each tissue is superfused individually with fresh solution or solution containing the test compound. The outcoming solution is collected and goes to waste or is stored for later bioassay analysis.
Recirculating mode: Each tissue is superfused individually. The outcoming solution after superfusion is collected and used for superfusing again in the same tissue.
Cascade mode: The first tissue is superfused with fresh solution and all the subsequent tissues are superfused with the outcoming solution of
|73-2221||Base Unit (4-position) for Coleman Superfusion Bath|
|73-2222||Plexiglas Superfusion Bath (4 needed)|
|73-2917||Dual Heat Exchanger for Coleman Superfusion Bath|
|72-6432||Ecoline Roller Pump|
|73-0126||Tygon Pump Tubing|
|-||Reglo Peristaltic (Roller) Pump (alternative to Ecoline)|
|73-0125||Lauda Thermostatic Circulator, 3 L volume (if heat exchangers are used)|
|73-0831||Isometric Force Transducer (with mounting rod)|
|73-0045||PLUGSYS Housing Type 603|
|73-0065||PLUGSYS TAM-A Tranducer Amplifier Module|
|73-2696||Universal Isolated Stimulator Outupt (UISO), 115 VAC (or 73-0504, 230 VAC)|
|73-3716||Stimulator C, 115 VAC (or 73-3713, 230 VAC), depending on application)|
* Please contact technical support for assistance. Some equipment you already have may be suitable.
Data acquisition hardware, process controller and PLUGSYS ACAD software, electrical stimulator