Compact Manual & Automated Radial Mazes (Panlab)
Compact radial maze solutions for evaluating spatial memory and non-spatial memory in rodents.
- Allows automated standard experiment
- Different possibilities of control for opening and closing the doors (manual or automated)
- Animal detection using photoelectrical beams or video-tracking system
- Mounted on a tripod with adjustable height
- Automated options uses RS232/USB communications (no PCI needed)
Panlab propose 3 solutions for radial maze experiments:
- Manual radial maze (76-0227/LE760 and 76-0228/LE762) that can be used optionally with the SMART video tracking software
- Semi-automated radial maze (76-0229/LE767 and 76-0230/LE769) that can be used optionally with the SMART video tracking software
- Automated radial maze with photobeams (76-0231/LE766 and 76-0232/LE768), needs the 76-0144/MAZESOFT8 software
The sliding doors can be opened and closed automatically or manually:
- Automated doors operation can be controlled by the animal position throughout the test using the Mazesoft-8 software associated with photoelectrical cell mounted on the radial maze and the corresponding control unit. See the application sheet available in the Download section.
- Manual doors operation can be made remotely by the user by using the switches available on the control unit.
- Manual doors operation can be made in situ by the user by using the threads provided for opening of closing each door.
Hohsfield LA, Humpel C. (2015 ) Intravenous Infusion of Monocytes Isolated from 2-Week-Old Mice Enhances Clearance of Beta-Amyloid Plaques in an Alzheimer Mouse Model PLoS One.