Oxystreamer O2 and CO2 Gas Controller
The OxyStreamer provides two streams of oxygen and carbon dioxide gas, in any desired ratio, without resorting to premixed gas cylinders.
- Full range real-time control of both gases
- Simultaneous control of both gas and liquid phases, useful for live cell microscopy
- Easily switch from one gas concentration to another
- Eliminates inflexibility of premixed gas, the high cost of premixed gas, and inaccuracies due to gas stratification in premixed gas tanks
- Vertical footprint saves bench space
The two output streams can be used to simultaneously condition the atmosphere in a microscope stage mounted cell culture incubators/chambers and the dissolved oxygen and carbon dioxide levels in media or perfusate. The following is a list of the major benefits derived from replacing pre-mixed gas cylinders:
- Precise, variable selection of oxygen and carbon dioxide gas concentration ratios
- Substantial cost savings by using standard, low cost cylinders of oxygen, carbon dioxide and/or nitrogen gas
- Eliminates the stratification induced concentration errors that are inherence in premixed gas cylinders
- By independently monitoring and controlling oxygen and carbon dioxide concentrations in the output streams, the OxyStreamer® can monitor and proportionally mix (blend) oxygen, carbon dioxide and nitrogen gases into any concentration combination in real time.
The OxyStreamer® is easy to use.
After calibrating the internal oxygen and carbon dioxide sensors, the desired mix ratio (expressed as concentrations) are simply entered into their respective controllers using the digital display. The closed-loop dynamic gas control system then automatically monitors and adjusts the output gas stream to the pre-programmed ratios in the controllers. This technique maintains the output mixed gas concentration to within 0.2% of the selected set-point levels. The flow rate for each stream is independently controlled for gas efficiency and to provide a method for setting a reproducible rate at which the gas is delivered to the cell chamber and/or diffused into the cell media or perfusate.
The inlet ports for the gases are located on the back of the OxyStreamer and are 1/4 inch hose barb fittings. Output stream ports are quick disconnect fittings that use 1/16 inch or 1/8 inch ID tubing.
Options include a Windows based software package that provides trend plotting, data logging, and remote operation via RS-232 connection to your PC. Multiple OxyStreamer® models can be daisy chained via an optional RS-485 interface.
|Overall Dimensions||13.0 x 9.3 x 14.2"|
|Gas inlet connectors||O2/CO2/N2
1/4 inch hose barb
|Gas outlet connectors||Plastic quick disconnects for 1/16 inchand 1/8 inch ID tubing|
|Flow Control||Independent channel flow control:
Model SL2CO = 0 to 10 ml/min
|O2 Range||0.1% to 99.9%|
|CO2 Range||0.1% to 20.0%|
|Accuracy||±5% of reading; 2% full scale|
|O2 Sensor||Fuel Cell|
|O2 Analog Output||0-100 mV DC linear|
|CO2 Analog Output||0-1 V DC linear|