Lighting Accessories, Filters, and Adapters
Two types of lighting accessories
- Light Source Filters
- Ringlight Adapters: Standard, Compact, 4-Point
Light Source Filters
When the composition of an object is made of two or more colors, a filter may be used to darken the color that is most important and increasing its observability. When the composition of an object is made of two or more colors, a filter may be used to darken the color that is most important and increasing its observability.
- Blue Filters: Enhance red and yellow objects and lighten blue and green objects
- Red Filters: Will darken blue and green objects and are useful for black and white applications
- Green Filters: Increase contrast for blue and red objects and brighten yellow and green objects
- Yellow Filters: Specific band widths may be used as a safe light when working with photoresist materials
- Daylight Conversion Filters: Increase the Kelvin Temperature of the halogen light to 5500°K, which is daylight. These filters reduce glare from highly reflective material such as muscle tissue and metals.
Filters provide contrast enhancement. When the composition of an object is pale, a filter of the opposite or complementary color may enhance the detail.
Alternatively, when the composition of the object is highly dense and color saturated, a filter of the same color can enhance the detail on the object.
Custom filters of a specified bandwidth are also available upon request.
- Ringlight adapters available for all brand microscopes
- Provide direct and indirect; mount
- Low cost