FISO-LS 2 French Fiber Optic Pressure Catheters
The FISO–LS series catheters were designed as semi-disposable for multi-use applications in the life-sciences and small animal research. Unlike its disposable counterpart in clinical applications, this sensor is more robust with a protected tip.
• Low Noise— Because a beam of light is inherently quiet, there is no EM/RF from the catheter itself interfering with the pressure signal. It is also uninfluenced by high EM/RF environment. Choose the 10 meter sensors for use in an MRI environment.
• Accurate — Due to the speed of light, the frequency response is completely dependent on the signal conditioner. The fast 15kHz FISO–LS Conditioner ensures you will obtain high fidelity pressure traces.
• Tip Sensor — The sensor is located at the tip of the fiber, allowing the measurement of the target signal with no signal artifacts due to vessel wall or cardiac wall contact with the sensor
• Ease–of–Use — Pre–calibrated pressure sensor with data stored in the smart chip allows for plug–and–play ability
• Proven — over 200,000 sensors in the field since 2006!
The FISO–LS series catheters were designed as semi-disposable for multi-use applications in the life-sciences and small animal research. Unlike its disposable counterpart in clinical applications, this sensor is more robust with a protected tip. The standard transducers have 1 meter of nylon sheathing to protect the fiber, where the 10 m transducers have 9.3 to 9.8 m of nylon sheath, further protecting the glass fiber. With proper use and care the sensor can be used many times.
The 2 French (640 micron) sensors are best used in applications in small animals the size of a rat or larger.
• Neuroscience — Intracranial Pressure; Blast Wave and Impact Trauma
• Cardiovascular — Left Ventricular Pressure, Arterial or Venous BP
• Ocular Tonometry — Non-invasive intraocular pressure tonometry
• Urology — Bladder/Ureter pressure
• Spine — Intradiscal Pressure
• Bone — Intramedullary Pressure
• MRI Gating — Using the 10M MRI Catheter to measure pressure for gating
|Accuracy||2 mmHg||2 mmHg||2 mmHg|
|Calibration||Factory Calibration no on site calibration needed||Factory Calibration no on site calibration needed||Factory Calibration no on site calibration needed|
|Coated Fiber Diameter||640 µm||640 µm||640 µm|
|Coating||Polyimide, Nylon||Polyimide, Nylon||Polyimide, Nylon|
|Length||1.7 meters||10 meters||1.7 meters|
|Measurement media||Fluid or gas||Fluid or gas||Fluid or gas|
|Pressure Range||0 to 10 bar||±300 mmHg||±300 mmHg|
|Resolution||< 0.3 mmHg||< 0.3 mmHg||< 0.3 mmHg|
|Sensitivity Thermal Effect||< 0.05%/°C||< 0.05%/°C||< 0.05%/°C|
|Sensor Diameter||640 µm||640 µm||640 µm|
|Standard bare fiber length||70 cm||70 cm||70 cm|
|Storage temperature||–40–+80°C (–40–176°F)||–40–+80°C (–40–176°F)||–40–+80°C (–40–176°F)|
|Tolerated bend radius||10mm (0.4in)||10mm (0.4in)||10mm (0.4in)|
|Uncoated Fiber Diameter||550 µm||550 µm||550 µm|
|Zero Thermal Effect||0.4 mmHg*°C||0.4 mmHg*°C||0.4 mmHg*°C|