Computer Controlled Multi-Clamp with Data Acquisition and Analysis Software
This unique package integrates the amplifiers, data acquisition system, and analysis software all into one convenient box! The system provides individual data acquisition and control for 2, 4 or 6 chambers and is fully compatible with the NaviCyte horizontal/vertical diffusion chamber systems. Windows 10/7/XP compatible.
- Microcomputer controlled current/voltage clamp
- Individual data acquisition from and control of 2, 4 or 6 chambers
- Works with Harvard/NaviCyte horizontal or vertical diffusion chambers
- PC to Multi-Clamp interface is through standard serial COM port connection (no additional cards are needed)
- Windows 10 or earlier compatible software
The Computer Controlled Multi-Clamp with Software is a voltage/current clamp and data acquisition system in one compact microcomputer controlled unit. In its full configuration it can be used to control and collect electrophysiological data from up to six horizontal or vertical Ussing chambers. The system is fully compatible with all systems from Warner, including our NaviCyte offering.
The system provides independent chamber control in three different modes: voltage clamp, current clamp, and open circuit modes. A change between any of these modes is available at every time point during acquisition.
The Multi-Clamp is available in 2-, 4- or 6-channel configurations. The clamp provides a separate A/D converter and isolated current source for each chamber, and current and voltage electrodes from each half-cell are connected to the Multi-Clamp via an electrode manifold. Data exchange between the PC and the Multi-Clamp is via standard COM ports, and depending on the number of ports available, a single PC can handle several clamps.
An interesting option consists of the incorporation of a gas delivery system into a NaviCyte/Multi-Clamp system. This gas delivery system consists of 12 precision gas flow meters mounted to a stabilizing base and connect to a 6-channel NaviCyte vertical or horizontal chamber systems. The 600x400 mm stabilizing base also houses an electrode manifold for connecting each Ag/AgCl electrodes to their respective half-cells.
The Multi-Clamp system comes complete with an easy to use Windows (XP or earlier) based control and data acquisition software package that allows for the individual control and monitoring of each chamber.
Some features of the software include:
- Automatic compensation of fluid resistance and electrode potential during the experiment
- Individual voltage clamp, current clamp or open circuit control for each chamber
- Overlay of uni/bipolar current pulses with variable parameters for dynamic definition of Gt/Rt
- I/V and V/I curves with freely adjustable parameters
- Minimum pulse duration 200 ms, max. amplitude ±250 µA for dynamic definition of Gt/Rt
- Alphanumeric display of measured parameters
- Ability to input marker and comments and save with data file
- Printout of parameters in variable timetable
- Data format compatible to Excel
- Continuous graphics display
- Experimental time up to 8 hours
|Channels||2, 4 or 6|
|A/D Subsystem for Analog Data Acquisition||13 Bit|
|Current Source by D/A||12 Bit, isolated|
|Serial Connection to PC||COM1/2 for bi-directional data transfer|
|Case Dimensions||24.5 x 11.4 x 19.7 cm |
(9.6 x 4.5 x 7.8 in)
|Power||100/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz|
|Input Resistance||> 109 Ω differential|
|Input Current||< 100 pA|
|Input Voltage||±400 mV, 0.1 mV step|
|Current Output||±2000 µA, 1 µA step|
|Product of Current and External Resistance Max||13 V|
|Warner's Guide to Ussing Chamber Systems (091022) WLR.pdf||Warner's Guide to Ussing Chamber Systems|