Compact Shuttle Box (Panlab)
Compact shuttle box for carrying out conditioned reflexes (Active and Passive Avoidance tests) in learning and memory studies.
- Highly sensitive weight transducer system for accurate animal detection
- Easy to set up different wall shapes and colours
- Optional guillotine door
- Compartments with independent grid floor
- Frontal and top doors for an easy access inside the box
- Up to 8 Active Boxes can be controlled at once from a PC
- No PC card is required (USB coms)
- Safety System which guarantees that the shock intensity received by the animal is always the same value independently of the grid bars treaded
Basically, the Panlab Shuttle box (LE916-918) consists of two equally sized compartments with two independent grid floors. A frontal door, in addition to the top ones, allows an easy access inside the box. The cage contains a general sound generator and a visual stimulus (light) for each compartment.
The Animal is detected by two Weight Transducers located above the static grids, avoiding the problems inherent to photoelectrical or grid tilting systems (high speeds of displacements in mice, tail detection in rats).
Reconverting them to traditional Passive Box is quite straightforward by adding a sliding door (LE916D for mice or LE918D for rats). Furthermore, it is possible to set up different wall shapes or colours in order to further condition the subject of study either visually or spatially.
The shuttle boxes are controlled by the (ShutAvoid) software allowing to run active avoidance and passive avoidance experiments in several boxes simultaneously. It is not necessary the interface neither the use of board installed into the PC. The link is carried out by one only cable from one Box to the other. The first Box is connected to PC or Laptop by the port RS 232 or USB.