Clark Borosilicate Multi-Barrel
The properties of borosilicate glass make it the most popular material among researchers for the fabrication of electrodes and micro-pipettes.
- High quality borosilicate glass
- Two, three, five and seven barrel configurations
- All multi-barrel configurations with filaments
- Capillaries fused along their entire length
- Ratio of outside to inside diameters preserved up to the pipette tip after pulling
The low softening temperature of this glass combined with its mechanical strength, chemical durability, high electrical resistivity, and ability to withstand thermal stress make these capillaries the most widely used in the world. Standard wall multi-barrel Clark borosilicate capillaries are offered in a variety of outer and inner diameters. Each barrel has an inner filament.
Micropipettes and microelectrodes manufactured from Clark glass are used primarily in intracellular and extracellular research. The end user can manufacture their own microelectrodes and micropipettes using standard pipette pulling and microforge techniques.
|Composition||80.9% SiO2, 12.9% B2O3, 4.4% Na2O, 1.8% Al2O3|
|Tolerance (OD)||±0.05 mm|