Acquire and Analyze Data Acquisition and Analysis Software
Acquire & Analyze is a comprehensive data acquisition and analysis package designed specifically for recording transepithelial electrophysiological data from epithelia mounted in Ussing chambers. The system consists of data acquisition hardware and software used to record current, voltage and conductance/resistance from up to 8 tissues as well as analysis software that enables one to quickly extract selected data and output it to summary spreadsheets.
- Not available separately. Included as part of the complete systems
- Designed specifically for transepithelial electrophysiology
- Analyze hours of experiment in minutes
- Record and chart current, voltage, conductance, and resistance on up to 8 channels
- Report individual or time-average data
- Plot and export raw or area corrected data
- User definable XY scaling and zoom
- DSP technology to reduce noise
- Windows based software
How to order:
1. Select System
Each system includes chamber stand; chambers; chamber caps; air valves; electrodes; electrode tips; filling needles; gas washing bottle; thermocirculator tubing kit; amplifiers; and software.
2. Select Inserts
P2300 series inserts fit the Standard and Rat systems; P2400 series inserts fit the Low Volume systems.
3. Select thermocirculator (if needed)
Unlike general-purpose data acquisition packages, Acquire & Analyze is written specifically for the study of epithelial tissues.
For example, say you want to measure the dose/response curve of an agent on the Isc and Gt by progressive additions in eight tissue samples. To do this you monitor the Isc and Gt on the computer until stable basal readings are attained. You then place an event mark in the file and make the first addition to all 8 tissues. When the current reaches a new stable level (or a specified time has passed) you place another event mark and make the second addition. This process is repeated until all additions have been made.
To summarize the effect of the additions, use Analyze to graph the data for all 8 tissues. Begin by displaying the movable data bar and positioning it over the basal currents just to the left of the first event mark. Right-click the mouse to save the mean values of current, conductance and voltage to a spreadsheet. Simply repeat the mouse movements and clicks to obtain the data for each subsequent addition. The spreadsheet thus created can be saved and imported directly into Excel for further analysis.
Data Acquisition and analysis capabilities
Acquire & Analyze runs under Windows and includes a data acquisition card, input/output cables, and software. The system can measure currents and voltages from up to eight voltage-current clamp channels.
- Activate/deactivate acquisition on individual clamp units
- Setup and toggle between fast and slow acquisition speeds to capture transient events; speeds can be set by user and can be changed at any time during experiment
- Place time marks into file to indicate when experimental manipulations (e.g., drug additions) have been made; marks can be predefined and selected from menu or be entered from keyboard
- Graphically display current, voltage, conductance, resistance, calculated open circuit voltage and calculated Isc during data acquisition in multiple formats
- Graphical/digital readout of current, voltage or conductance vs. time
- Plot raw or area corrected data
- User definable x, y scaling; zoom all, in, out, or previous; pan left, right, up or down
- Extract data under movable, adjustable width time bar in file format compatible with spreadsheet files.
- Extracted data may be individual points or mean values.
- Extracted data may be imported into commercial graphics packages to produce publication quality graphs.
- Linear regression analysis of conductance vs. current can be performed on data within time bar to estimate pericellular pathway conductance.
|Warner's Guide to Ussing Chamber Systems (091022) WLR.pdf||Warner's Guide to Ussing Chamber Systems|